Monday, May 30, 2011

Chris's Favorite Smoothie

I started making smoothies at the restaurant and they are the bomb!! Even better than Smoothie King or Arden's Garden. My secret is I use fresh fruit instead of frozen. I also put a squirt of agave nectar and a dash of either ginger or nutmeg in my smoothies. So Chris's favorite is the Peanut Butter Banana Protein shake so I thought I would write the recipe here, in case anyone wants to try it. You must have a pretty good blender that can blend ice.

2 cups of ice cubes
3 cups of unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk

(Blend the ice & milk together first)

1 whole banana, not too ripe
3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
1 squirt of Agave Nectar
1 dash of nutmeg
1 scoop protein powder
(I use Max Protein Vanilla)

Whizz all this up in the blender until smooth and voila! It's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment