Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No more jeans...

this is the interior of my Cafe....

Well it's official. I cannot wear my jeans anymore. I put on my Hollister size 10's this morning and I could barely breathe or sit down in them all day. I just got home and took them off and there was a red mark all around my belly where the waistband was just cutting into my flesh all day. I'm going to wash those jeans and put them away until next year.

My mom asked me if I gained any weight today and for a second there I held my breath thinking she figured me out (which to be honest, she probably already has but isn't letting on) but then she said, "you know...because of the restaurant and eating all the stuff you make." Yea, I gained weight but not because of the restaurant hahahaha.... no really. I'm obviously gaining weight around the belly and it's not gonna be a secret much longer.

This morning Chris said to me (jokingly) "well, at least your stretch marks are going away." Yeah, I have terrible stretch marks from losing a bunch of weight and now they are smoothing back out cause I'm gaining weight. Oh well, I guess that's a positive way of looking at it, but I still shot him a glance...

I know this blog seems to be more about food than a baby, but guess what I ate today?? Rabbit!! Yes, the soft, furry cute kind. I had one in an enchilada at this fancy restaurant/brewery in midtown with my mom and Chris. It was rabbit enchiladas with carrot puree in a cheese sauce and it was pretty good. Next time we go there I am going to try the antelope burgers. I wanted to try rabbit because I am seriously considering raising rabbits for meat. I did the research and everything and they are very economical to raise for meat. But I wasn't sure if I would like how they tasted so now I know that they are quite tasty actually. Kind of like chicken, but a little more tender and fattier. The waitress told me that the antelope tastes kind of like venison but less gamey, so I am looking forward to trying that cause I like venison.

I can't wait until my first prenatal visit, I am really really anxious to find out if the baby's OK, and if I'm OK and all that stuff. I am probably going to annoy the hell out of whoever my future midwife is because I have a list of questions and concerns. Mainly I just want to make sure everything is going smoothly. I kind of wish they could predict how big I am going to get but then again maybe knowing that isn't such a good idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment