Saturday, July 23, 2011

Steady Beat

My first prenatal appointment in Texas was pretty quick and painless. I was in a grouchy mood that day, had to fix the tire on the Mazda at the last minute, then go straight to work after the appointment. I was not looking forward to a pelvic exam in between all that but luckily one wasn't necessary. I just basically spoke to the midwife (who coincidentally just moved from Atlanta) and listened to the baby's heartbeat on Doppler. This time I didn't break down crying, thank god, but it was still thrilling to hear. It was a steady, strong beat at 140 bpm. I now weigh 183 lbs, up 18 pounds since getting pregnant.

I do have to wait 3 more weeks for my ultrasound, on August 9th. If we bring $5 we can have a dvd made of the ultrasound, which I really want to get. It will be my very first ultrasound, after all. Can't wait to find out what we are having!

I've been having muscle spasms under my right eye for the past few days which is driving me absolutely batshit. I also got a wicked sunburn from working outside on a roofing project with Chris, which made sleeping quite uncomfortable. I am feeling the baby move more often, sometimes it kicks me quite rudely and I want to thump it back! I can't even imagine what it'll be like getting kicked by a 6 lb baby from the inside, it'll probably hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment