Monday, May 23, 2011

Healthcare Finally!

Yay, I finally got confirmation of my Medicaid and Wellcare enrollment! I made my first prenatal appointment with In-town Midwifery on June 2nd. I also applied for the WIC program and have an appointment for that on June 8th. Now all I need to do is find a dentist to take care of these awful toothaches and I will be golden!

So my first prenatal visit will be just right around the beginning of my 2nd trimester and I will have an ultrasound where I get to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! Right now I am at 10 weeks and the baby is the size of a prune, with organs beginning to function and little arms moving around.

Chris will be coming with me to this appointment, but we will have to open the restaurant late in order to make it. I wonder if they will give me a copy of the heartbeat sound file... I will have to ask cause it would be soooo cool to have that!

Still no morning sickness, and I am handling the tiredness pretty well. I come home from work and pass out. I also eat A LOT. Still hovering at 170 lbs, which thank god I'm not gaining anymore weight at the moment cause that really concerns me. I am eating tons and tons of fruit, trying to keep my protein intake high too. I ate half a watermelon by myself in the past 2 days. Watermelon is so freaking good right now. I'm also really big on jalapenos and lemonade. Otis Spunkmeyer cookies are also a weakness...they make a killer Oatmeal Raisin. OH!!! and I FINALLY found a milk substitute that I can handle - Sugar-free Vanilla Almond Milk is the shit! I eat my morning cereal with that and I am good to go! Soy milk was making me feel sick and of course I can't drink cow's milk anymore thanks to being completely lactose intolerant now.

Anyways, keep on thinking of girl names everyone, cause that's the tough one to pick. I got some ideas but none of them have really stood out. I'm not saying it's a girl, but just in case....

No comments:

Post a Comment