Sunday, June 5, 2011

gettin' $#*! done

As I get older, I seem to be able to cope with stress a lot less than before. But I still surprise myself when the going gets tough, that I manage to squeak by. Today was very productive as I got most of my stuff packed up (I'm a little OCD when it comes to packing, I have to clean and organize it before I pack it away, which is driving Chris insane..). I also just for the hell of it, posted a few things we wouldn't be able to take on Craigslist to see if they would sell. And they did! All in one day, too! I sold our chickens, the exercise bike/rower, and my iron patio set. I sold the patio set for way too cheap I think, but oh well, it had to go. So I ended up making a few extra hundred dollars to help us move. Now all we need is the $500 my mother owes to Chris for the trim work he did at the theater and we will have all the money we are going to get out of this place. Which ain't much but I am scraping together every cent I can get my hands on.

I also spruced up my resume and sent it out to a couple of job listings I found on San Antonio's Craigslist. I preemptively printed a few copies out so I can have them in hand when we get there. Chris and I were in pretty good spirits as we cleaned, packed, and made money all in one day. Tomorrow is going to be an entirely different story. It'll be Monday and the Cafe O will not be open. Instead, I am going to drop off a few boxes that we can't take with us at my sister's house for temporary storage. I am also going to try and get my Mazda back because the Chevy Blazer sucks so bad, I can't take it anymore. There's no way I could drive around in Texas with that kind of heat in the car (the Blazer's A/C is broken and there is no heat shield between the floorboard and engine). Not to mention, I can't have a baby sitting in that kind of sweltering heat, either. This is why Japanese excel more than American cars, they are just engineered better. I hate to say it, too.

This is going to be one hell of a week. But we will make it through and hopefully be in Texas before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment