Friday, June 10, 2011

I hate you, milk!

So yesterday morning I decided to have a bowl of lactose-free milk with Kix cereal (all from WIC) and have regretted it ever since. Now, I can't substantially blame it ALL on the milk, but I'm pretty damn sure it's the main culprit for my upset stomach, gas and diarrhea for the past 24 non-stop hours. I also get sick like this when I'm stressed out, like on a deadline for a project (which I haven't had in over 2 years now). I haven't been able to sleep at night, mostly just from the anticipation of everything going on. I think and plan and write lists in my head while Chris sleeps peacefully all night and spends the day playing games on the computer. Grrr. It must be nice to be a man.

Bibi was in a lot of pain for a few days and could barely walk. I think her pain was from stress too, which stressed me out even more. Thankfully she seems better since yesterday. I just want to get everything done and over with. Playing the waiting game is driving me nuts, but now that a few things have come together, I have a pretty solid plan that will land us in San Antonio by next Wednesday.

Today we will get the tow hitch installed on the Mazda, which we picked up from the shop in Commerce yesterday. It seems to be running OK, but the van needs some serious TLC asap. Hopefully we wont kill it on the way to Texas, hauling a 5'x8' trailer. The tow hitch is going to be expensive, but we are looking at it as an investment for future moves. I will also have to reserve our U-haul trailer online today. I'll also have to sneak downstairs to my mom's place while she isn't there to print out a few things on her printer and email myself a bunch of CAD files that I worked on. Lastly, we have a bunch of stuff to sell on Craigslist, and hopefully it will sell cause we really really need that cash.

Then tomorrow and Sunday I have to see about getting auto insurance for the Mazda and a new checking account with USAA in Texas. I will clean out both the Mazda and the Blazer and hopefully Chris will volunteer (yeah right) to do a check-up on the Mazda and see if he can spot any potential issues with the car. I also have to finish packing and get rid of all the stuff we are throwing away and/or giving to Goodwill.

On Monday we will pick up our U-Haul trailer and pack it. I have to go to the bank and close the checking account and return all the keys that I will no longer need to my mom. Then I will bake cookies and rice crispy treats for the ride to Texas on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning I will likely end up spending hours in the WIC office, getting the paperwork to transfer my vouchers to Texas. Hopefully they will let me get something other than damned milk. I ought to drink some milk before I go in and gas the place so they'll know I'm not kidding when I say milk makes me sick, you assholes.

It will take us approximately 16-18 hours to get to San Antonio, and around 5-7 gas fill-ups. I kind of want to leave late in the evening when there's little traffic and it's cooler but it all depends on my physical state on Tuesday. I may come home from the WIC office and take a nice long nap (if my mind/body will allow it) and then leave Atlanta before rush hour traffic hits. So about 4 pm. Or maybe after rush hour traffic, around 7 pm. Which would land us in San Ant around 1 in the afternoon. I have made this drive before and let me tell you, I will not be a cheerful person when we arrive. Of course, I wont be driving towards people who stress me out, like I did when I drove from Texas to Atlanta exactly a year ago with Chris. Maybe I will be in a good mood when I get there, but undoubtedly exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment