Friday, June 10, 2011

I can see the future...and it shall be.

I spend a lot of time visualizing. In fact, I had it down to an art at a very very early age, due to lack of stimulation, boredom and just plain depression. I used to visualize all kind of crazy stuff, from being a rock-star to a ninja assassin, a bakery owner to a super-rich celebrity. I would dream up fantasies in my head and escape the real world and it was comforting. Most of the time though, I visualize just a regular happy life. Mundane details that make me happy and feel secure. Like being able to have a routine. Any kind of routine would be nice, but in order to have one and really keep it, your life has to have some kind of predictability in it, and mine almost never has. It's quite tiring.

So now that I'm essentially turning over a new leaf, I am going to resolve to form healthy routines. It's going to be my new path to stability and having a functional life. I also think it's incredibly important to establish routines for my kid, too. It's a form of comfort and security, something that I never really had and knowing the value of it now, will provide to my kid as a #1 priority.

First off, a routine that facilitates a healthy life. I'm going to take Bibi for a 15 minute walk every morning, wearing my toning sneakers and listening to whatever kind of relaxing music I feel like listening to that day. I love the Gayatri Mantra but sometimes it's so powerful I get too emotional and I can't have some kind of emotional release while I'm trying to walk the dog. So maybe just some Bach or Mozart. I also really need to get a handle on my vitamins. Ugh I hate them but it's not an option anymore, they are a requirement. I am also going to join the YMCA or a gym so I can go swimming and maybe take an exercise class now and then.

Secondly, I need to really work on doing something I enjoy on a regular basis. I haven't been able to keep a hobby in a long time. I love pottery but it's expensive. Gardening is too time consuming and can get expensive, too. I think I am going to plunge myself into sewing, because I have a machine, a collection of patterns, and a bunch of fabric that I've just been hauling around just in case one day I have the time and inclination to sew. Besides, I have baby stuff to make now!

Thirdly, and this is gonna be tough cause I'm super lazy, but I need to really pamper myself with a beauty regimen, too. There are women out there who get their hair and nails done on a weekly basis and I barely wash my face on a regular basis. I'm going to really try to take care of my skin, hair and nails better, so I can look good and feel better about myself.

Once the baby gets here, I will have no choice but to establish a feeding/sleeping schedule. I'm not going to force one, but I think it's important to foster good habits like breakfast in the morning, walks regularly and bedtime.

So that's what I'm going to aim for, security, comfort & stability with routines. I'll do more research on this subject, too of course! I love the internet & books!

No comments:

Post a Comment